January challenge: 30 day shop your wardrobe.

For January, I wanted to take up a small challenge just to have some fun and do something different. I decided to take up Jill Chiver's 30 day shop your wardrobe challenge.
I am pretty good at wearing most of what I own and shopping with intention - I am at a point when I don't usually get carried away while shopping (unless chocolate is involved...). But I wanted to mix things up with my clothes, plus I have a lot of stuff I haven't worn in more than a year because last year I was quite pregnant.
Now one little caveat: the challenge specifically says to shop exclusively your wardrobe. But on Jan 3rd sales started here in Lazio, so I went and bought three things I had already planned to buy before starting the challenge. I actually had a fourth thing on my list, a pair of earrings, but had no luck finding them.
So, without further ado, here are my first 4 outfits.

Day one - Colors you have never combined before.


Sweater - Gap (3 y.o.)
Skirt - Max Mara (2 yo.)
Tights -Calzedonia
Boots  - Nero Giardini (last year)

This outfit was worn to my mom's New Year's day lunch. As strange as it seems, I have never worn this skirt with this violet sweater. And none of them is new! Also, I'd usually wear black boots, but this time I decided to wear my green-grey boots. Sorry for the chopped head. I was wearing earrings, but somehow they are not visible in the picture...

Day two - An item of clothing you haven't worn in 6 months.


Sweater - Gemelli (2 y.o.)
Corduroy pants - Gap (3 y.o.)
Boots - Geox (2 y.o.))

An outfit I wore to take a walk with husband and baby girl. I haven't worn this sweater in more than a year, mainly because last year it didn't fit. And I have never thought of wearing it with those pants, as simple as this combination seems!

Day three - Add a layer


 Turtleneck - Tezenis (3 y.o.)
Pants - Gap (3 y.o.)
Cardigan - Lwie (2 y.o.)
Boots - Geox (2 y.o.)
Necklace - Street vendor in Florence (old!)
Belt (Gap (11 y.o.!!!)

This was easy - I am the queen of layering (or the dame-in-waiting, let's be honest). Same pants as the day before, I chose this outfit to go shopping with my baby girl.

Day four - Something that's "just for good".


 Sweater - Tezenis (last year)
Jeans - OVS (4 y.o.)
Boots - Geox (2 y.o.)
Necklace - Store in Haarlem, NL (2 y.o.)

I didn't really know how to interpretate the day's direction, so I decided it means - wear an outfit "just because". I picked this one. The sweater is like a warm blanket. I bought it last year because it fit over my belly, and I still use it now - it's a non-maternity sweater. The necklace is unrelated to the style of the outfit, that's why I chose it! And the boots are the comfy ones I usually wear to take a walk.

Until now, it has been interesting for two reasons: I haven't worn items I bought this year yet, and I have chosen combinations apparently simple but that I hadn't thought of before.
I really hope I'll be able to keep taking pictures once the holidays end...

Comments

Elle Sees said…
love seeing your challenge so far!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!