Thoughts on motherhood - the probabilistic approach.

She's there, 100% sure!

I didn' really start understanding thermodynamic and quantum chemistry until we got to the statistical thermodynamic, or statistical mechanic. Two of my not-so-favourite subjects, suddenly combined to bring clarity!
The keyword here being "statistical". All is based on probability.
And recalling this has helped me cope with one of the main frustrations I am experiencing in my motherhood journey.
For example. Does she sleep through the night? Yes, 90% of the time. Does she eat all her dinner? Yes, 95% of the time. Does she throw tantrums in public? No, 90% of the time.
So, when I am awake at 3a.m. because she decided this is a good time to play with her piano, I remind myself that this happen only 10% of the nights. I am still awake, but at least I keep my hopes up for next night.
And when she starts screaming at the mall, I remind myself that she is not even 2 years old, and she is allowed her 10% of tantrums. I am not happy, but I get some perspective!

Comments

Elle Sees said…
hehe I like your outlook on that! great approach.
chiara said…
Whatever works to make things lighter...

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!