A 30X30 experiment of sort.


Since deciding to go for a 37 pieces capsule wardrobe starting on Sep 21st, first day of Fall -more or less- I was getting anxious I would miserably fail my experiment. What if the choices I had made weren't the best? What if I needed something I had kept out of my capsule very badly?
So, to try a "soft start" I decided to do one of these 30X30 challenge that were all the rage some years ago (remember them? Kendi invented them well before the capsule trend).
So I selected 30 pieces to wear between Aug 21st and Sep 20th. I included clothes and shoes, and excluded handbags and swimsuits.
It's actually a pretty difficult time of the year to plan for clothing, since the weather here can go from scorching hot to almost Fall. I included only one pair of closed shoes, knowing it would be a bit risky...

So, here is my list -everything was already in my closet, no new pieces here.

Shoes


1.Black flat sandals
2. Brown flat sandals
3. Beige heeled sandals
4. Black heeled sandals
5. Grey ballet flats
6. Beige high heel sandals


Tops


7. Black shirt
8. Burgundy shirt
9. Turquoise shirt
10. Asymmetrical black shirt
11. Brown top
12. Pink shirt
13. White shirt
14. Graphic shirt beige
15. Green shirt
16. Grey cardigan
17. Beige cardigan


Bottoms
18. Multi colored skirt
19. Black linen skirt
20. Grey skirt
21. Pink skirt
22. Blue harem pants
23. Black pants
24. White pants
25. White bf jeans
26. Black harem pants


Dresses
27. Long black dress
28. Black dress
29. Blue dress


Outerwear
30. Beige blazer

I am almost done (Tue is the last day), and here are my conclusions:




  • The clothes I picked were enough. Actually, more than enough. I had enough variety - also because I don't mind repeating outfits.
  • I wore the beige high heeled sandals only once, and it was very painful. They'll go to a better home at the end of the season. I could easily have picked another pair of closed shoes.
  • I haven't worn four things yet: the blue dress (it is too summer-y for this time of the year), white jeans (still too hot for jeans), white pants (no real reason here) and the long sleeved green tee (no need for long sleeves when I can layer with the blazer or cardigans).
  • If I had to re-do it, I'd pick another pair of pants, a pair of sneakers and live out the blue dress and green tee.
  • I used two bags throughout the month: a beige one for work and a black crossbody bag for the weekend, seen in the picture above.
It was a great experience, and the most surprising thing was that I didn't feel like I was missing something. Now onto the capsule experiment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!